You are an independent traveller. You love wandering off the beaten track, discover alternative places and local tastes. You always have your camera with you – just like the legendary dragon Basilisk who froze everything motionless with his sight, you too capture the most interesting views and situations. The ideal choice for you is… Warsaw!
Take a walk around the city with our friend, a typical “Basilisk”. You’ll find out how diverse Warsaw is and you’ll find additional inspiration to explore Warsaw the way you like.
Here is a list of attractions that you can not miss in Warsaw:
For Urban Explorers
- See the city skyline from the 30th floor of the Palace of Culture and Science.
- Discover the secrets of the Palace of Culture and Science from the basement to the top with Tour Leaders guide
- Find murals in the Old Praga, Wola and Muranów districts.
- Check out the Neon Museum in Praga.
- Take a photo of the spiral stairs at Gdański Bridge.
- See the interiors of Warsaw University of Technology’s main building
- Find the Holy Mary Shrines in the courtyards of Praga
- Jump on a Nysa van and explore Warsaw with Adventure Warsaw!
- Find hidden gems in the Śródmieście district with City Talks app
For History Lovers
- Trace the outline of the Warsaw Ghetto’s former walls
- Take a photo of the incredible building of the POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews.
- Discover traces of war damage on the walls of Bank Polski in 10 Bielańska Street
- Visit the museum in the house of Maria Skłodowska-Curie
- Feel the atmosphere of times gone by at the “Life Under Communism” Museum
- Have a look at 3D photos of old Warsaw at the Fotoplastikon
- Take a ride on a Toddler (Fiat 126p) or a Gurkin bus with WPT 1313 guide
- Learn the story of the heroic August 1944 struggle in Warsaw Rising Museum
- Taste the potato dumplings (pyzy) near Różycki Market in Warsaw Praga district
- Count the pubs at the ‘Pavilions’ behind Nowy Świat street
- Sharpen your senses in complete darkness of “Different” restaurant